Monday, September 20, 2010

This Blog Post Is Rated Arrrrrrrr!

Arrrghh! Is that a parrot in yer pocket or are ya just happy to see me?
Nah, it's just International Talk Like A Pirate Day.



Yar, I know it was yesterday but seeing as I weren't informed about it, I celebrate today instead yar!

I woke up this morning adorning me bestest and most prized eye patch.
All day, I be talking like a pirate that be sounding a lot like a Jamaican. Arrrr...all the mates think I am crazy yar!

I been celebratin today with a cup of grog, The Goonies and a shot of Vitamin C to keep that damn scuurrrrrvy away Yar!


Ok, enough of the pirate chat for now...seriously, pirate day was the funnest day EVER! I was not accountable for anything I said or did, cause I was a piratey pirate see? I got to tell people they were a rotten wenches, I got away with terribly poor grammar and I got to make people check out my fine pirate booty...ah I wish I could be a pirate everyday!

People thought it was fun and crazy. From now on, just to make life more fun,  I am going to make everyday have a theme. Like how about International Ghostbusters day? Or international Gibberish day...or what about International make fart sounds with your mouth and or armpits day????

OMG! That would be the funnest! When people ask a question, the only response could be a huge, loud, mouth fart! Joy! How awesome would that be? Some jerk off customer is complaining that he wants a refund and your only response is to blow a big fart! Now that is customer service!

What other fun days could we make?

Arrr,  I have to get back to being a pirate arrrrghh! I be pirating movies and music all day long on the Pirates Bay arrrghh! There be treasure in them thar internets yar! Like this photo of a cat on international frogs day...thar's the spirit kitty!


~I surrender to The Writing Womb~
>

12 comments:

CkretsGalore said...

Nice! Someone else who posted about Talk Like A Pirate Day!

People around the office thought I was a wacko when I brought it up (they normally think of me that way, I just added a bit more fuel to the fire.)

I posted some Pirate pick up lines. I enjoy: Come show me how ye bury yer treasure, lad!

Scuba Nurse said...

We always do talk like a pirate day, and somehow this year I fogot.
Its like waking up on boxing day and realising you missed christmas.
Freaking Bummed.

Simon said...

Kermit, we've talked about this. Stop eating cats.

Didactic Pirate said...

Can I break a blog etiquette rule and put a link here about what I did on Talk Like a Pirate Day? Hey, wait a minute -- PIRATES DON'T ASK PERMISSION! ARRRRRGH!

http://didactic-pirate.blogspot.com/2010/09/things-i-get-to-do-on-talk-like-pirate.html

Savira Gupta said...

Just wanted to say hello. Taking a breather before I get back to the mountains where there is no internet.

Patricia ~ The Naked Writer said...

yo ho ho ho matey's! Shit...it's not pirates day any more boooo ;o( oh well, i can still talk like a pirate in me head arrrrrgh!

@crkets lol i WISH I worked in an office...man, i would of rented a parrot for that one! it definately shakes things up when people think you are more crazy than you already are...what fun!

@scuba! damn, that sucks! how ever did you forget? we must petition the calendar companies to make this legendary day visible on their calendars

@simon...lmfao i thought i was the only one who could talk to kermet?

@didactic arrrrrgh! glad you remembered to not ask permission you damn scally wag! your post was a lot of fun to read...especially the chumbucket...i was actually going to name the blog post The naked writer is full of chum...buckets but think i will save that one for next year. :o)

@yogasavy! ahhhh life without any internet? that must be nice! i wish i could just stop with all the computer stuff...most times it does nothing but clog up my life...but as long as there is a computer in front of me and an internet connection i must take a peek which usually turns into a half a day affair! have a beautiful time in the mountains away from it all :o)

Scuba Nurse said...

On the same day I had my sisters birthday, I helped my parents moved house, and I had a major show rehearsal.
So excuses a-plenty, but I shall find other oppportunities to go out pirating it up!!

Annah said...

I was wondering how does one "talk" like a pirate asides from saying arrrrrrrr a lot. Now you just totally answered that question.

Awesomeness.

Rachel Wright {The Inspired House of Wright} said...

Your blog is hilarious! Keep em coming!

Patricia ~ The Naked Writer said...

@scuba nurse...wow that's a lot of stuff to do in one day! you are excused (just this one time) for missing pirates day i know you will make up for it ...let me know how you do ;o)

@ annah happy to assist ye lassy

@ rachel yay! finally someone who agrees with me, I think we will be bff's :o)
thanks for reading and commenting everyone xx

Paige said...

oh crap i never take vitamin C i might have scuurrrrrvy....

Patricia ~ The Naked Writer said...

@ paige arrrr if ye be thinkin ye have the scurrrvy ye best be eatin arrngaes :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails